Global manufacturer of windows and doors had been using several sources for industry sizes, without any insight into market shares by manufacturers, distribution channels or big box home improvement retailers.
Client was spending hundreds of thousands of dollars on various sources to derive market shares, trends and forecasts. Little faith was put into these sources but the absence of a trusted source kept them purchasing more than they needed and using an approach that blended several sources together to get an average estimate of sizes and shares.
Senex was brought in to help with this approach with the goal to recommend and implement a better process for determining market sizes, forecasts and market shares by segment, channels, products, etcHow we got it done
1. Cut unnecessary or unreliable data sources, trimming the data budget
2. Developed timely market measurements to replace the rear-view approach
3. Took select pieces of various sources that were vetted, and combined them with insights from internal subject matter experts, along with dealers, distributors, builders, remodelers, architects and other key players in the remodeling and construction industry.
4. Provided Jeld-Wen the ability to measure changes in the year on market sizes, shares and forecasts.
5. Senex developed a new method where the above sources are continually providing insights on changes in trends, sales, pricing, new entrants and market behaviors.
Market sizes are the most accurate they have been, as are the market shares. Client is able to see where changes are occurring and develop strategies where they can be better positioned ahead of their competitors.
New insights on competitors are allowing the client to know where they are gaining or losing against key competitors and how they can take advantage of certain opportunities.
Client is moving towards goal of being the most-informed manufacturer in their category and to be able to provide greater market understanding to its investors and financial analysts.
Jeld-Wen continues to use Senex for the following
— Distribution Strategy
— Market & Segment Forecasting
— Market Share Analysis
— Opportunity Assessment
— Competitive Analysis